Membership - Status Cards
Phyllis Charles is the certified IRA (Indian Registration Administrator) for Beecher Bay First Nation. This position is less than a part-time basis or by appointment only.
Her role in membership is to:
- Keeps accurate records of BBFN membership
- Helps process status cards
- Facilitates band membership transfers
- Liaises with INAC during membership processing
- Oversees Wills and Estates of community members
How to apply for a status card
- SCIS application
- Guarantor application
- One piece of valid photo ID or Two pieces of other ID
- Supporting documents if applicable
- Two identical passport photos
Please note. Applications for the new SCIS card are available for pick up from Phyllis.
It is very important that you have an approved guarantor.
The Guarantor for your application needs to sign the Guarantor application, photocopy of your ID and supporting documents if applicable- and one passport photo
Status Card Requirements:
One piece of photo ID
Acceptable valid identification includes:
- Canadian or United States Passport
- Enhanced Driver’s License (Learners, Novice, Class 5 or Other)
- Canadian Military Identification card
- Enhanced Provincial Identification Card (BCID)
- NEXUS or FAST card
Two of the following (Original Documents)
- Birth Certificate, Certificate of Marriage, or Divorce
- Provincial Health Care Card (Provincial Identification Card)
- Enhanced Drivers License (Provincial, Territory, or State)
- Employee ID with Digital Photo
- Student ID with Digital Photo
- Fire Arm License
Supporting documents if applicable
The SCIS photo app has been released at the Apple Store and Google Play- you can find it by searching “SCIS Photo”. There are a couple of things to note:
- Anyone can download and use the app at no charge
- It is for SCIS- only applications and requires several pieces of information including the applicant’s registration number. This means those applying for registration cannot use it yet
- The app does not store personal information once it is submitted.
- The app can be used to submit photos for more than one person.
- The photos can be taken by another person or by the applicant as a selfie.
- All rules about passport-style still apply- light background, no angles, no shadows, no glare, neutral facial expressions, ect.
Please be advised that the SCIS cards take anywhere from 6-10 weeks to process and be mailed to you.